Access to our API requires your API key, you can get that here in your account.
As you are probably aware, fetching data out of Amazon can be tricky at times. Here at Splitly, we have a dedicated team and a streamlined process that focuses on extracting data and making sure it is accurate and correct. Using our API could solve you time and money, as we have already solved a lot of the problems anyone would face when it comes to extracting data from Amazon.
Our API allows for the extraction of the following data:
- Raw product data grouped in a daily basis, including: sessions, units ordered, conversions, page views, PPC spend, PPC impressions, PPC clicks, PPC CTR, BSR, category, average rating, number of reviews, sub BSR, sub category, stock levels, average daily price. This API is useful for seeing how things change over time.
- A list of your products with current data, including: images, features, title, description, BSR, reviews, average rating.
- Tracker keywords, along with the complete history.
- All of your tests, along with the results.
- All of your products that are running Profit Peak, along with the history of price updates and how the optimum price has changed.
A few important points to note:
- Some bits of data may be blank, which could happen for a few reasons. Firstly, our data collection is best-effort, which means one should expect for some data to be missing on occasion. Usually in time these problems resolve themselves as we have automated checks that notify us when things fail, and perhaps more importantly a team to fix things when they happen. Secondly, for some bits of data we don't collect on a daily basis, instead on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- Our API is rate limited to 10/requests per second, although we'd appreciate it if you rate limited your application to 1 request per second. If you exceed the rate limits, this will trigger a 429 Too Many Requests error.
- Our website runs behind Cloudflare, if you receive any bot checks please let us know.
- All requests must use POST.
- The error response field will hopefully contain some useful information if something went wrong.
- Some API endpoints are limited to 100 items returned, you should use the start field to move onto the next page. It would be best to keep looping pages until zero items are returned.
- Your feedback is always welcomed, please don't hesitate to ask us any questions or send us honest feedback.
This API endpoint lists your products. It returns 100 products at a time, if you have more products then you will need to use the start field for pagination, e.g. page 1 is start=0 and page 2 is start=100. If a product has a parent_asin value, then the product has siblings with the same parent_asin.
curl --data "api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&start=0" https://app.splitly.com/api/products/
Reporting History API
This API reports the sessions, units ordered, conversions, page views, PPC data, etc on a daily basis going back in time, with the most recent data first for a specific product. This API is what most customers have requested and is probably what is most useful.
Sessions and page views are gathered using the Splitly Chrome Extension. This needs to be installed, and the user must be logged in to seller central for it to get recent data. In the case where there are orders but no sessions, check the chrome extension to see when it last ran.
- product_id (this is found from the Products API, using the product_id field. You cannot use an ASIN, it must be our internal product ID).
curl --data "api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&product_id=123456789" https://app.splitly.com/api/reporting-history/
Tracker Keywords API
This API lists all keywords you are tracking for all products. It does not contain the history, you can use the next API below if you need this history. It returns 100 keywords at a time, if you have more keywords then you will need to use the start field for pagination, e.g. page 1 is start=0 and page 2 is start=100. Also note that even though the API will return a product_id field which represents a child ASIN, our rank tracker will stop when it finds any child ASIN.
curl --data "api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&start=0" https://app.splitly.com/api/tracker-keywords/
Tracker History API
This API returns the entire history of how ranking has changed for a specific keyword_id.
- keyword_id (this is found from the Tracker Keywords API above).
curl --data "api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&keyword_id=123456789" https://app.splitly.com/api/tracker-history/
This API returns a list of tests and their variants, if the test has begun or ended then the results will be included for each variant. It returns 100 tests at a time, if you have more tests then you will need to use the start field for pagination, e.g. page 1 is start=0 and page 2 is start=100. Also note that if you have included multiple child ASINs in the same test, these will have the same family_id field, in which case the results would need to be summed for each of the variants to give the overall results. Internally, a test on each child ASIN is a separate test in its own right.
curl --data "api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&start=0" https://app.splitly.com/api/tests/
Profit Peak API
This API returns a list of products that are currently, or have previously been running under Profit Peak. Each product will also contain a list of price updates and the optimum price vs time. It returns 100 products at a time, if you have more products then you will need to use the start field for pagination, e.g. page 1 is start=0 and page 2 is start=100. Also note that if you have synced child ASINs together, the child_asin_sync field will be the same for each sibling.
curl --data "api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&start=0" https://app.splitly.com/api/profit-peak/